GKT's Soapbox

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Notarized Today!

Yes, I was notarized today! What does that mean?

Well about a year ago I finally got myself a free Digital Certificate. With it I can sign my emails and if my corresponder also has one I can exchange encrypted emails.

Today I finally got around to the next step which is adding my name to the Digital Certificate as well as my email address. This is no trivial process as you must physically meet at least 3 existing notaries and have them verify your ID (using a passport and/or driver's license).

The process went smoothly today and now, not only am I able to include my name but I am also able to notarize other people!

See Thawte for more information and to get your free email certificate. When you're ready to be notarized, and if you live in Melbourne, give me a call!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home